
I've been the librarian at CHS for ten years now, and that seems impossible. Of course, I love reading, but that has been seriously inhibited since we added to little girls to our family. A three-year-old and a one-year old don't let mommy read much. Still, I am currently reading Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Played with Fire, Dr. Laura Schlessinger's Stop Whining, Start Living, and Malinda Lo's Ash.
I stopped reading Ash on Part II, mostly because it drags, tons of setting description. I like the main character, Ash, and I love the concept of basing it on, YES, my favorite story tale, Cinderella; I even like the "modern" identity-romantic struggle that Ash encounters in the book, but I find it slow. Maybe I'll finish it when school lets out, but probably not, too many other books to try. I think this is a great story, especially for those who like fantasy, and I will recommend it to other readers. I just got a bit bogged down.
No comments:
Post a Comment